Thursday 16 June 2011

April - June: I, Coriander by Sally Gardner


We've just read Sally Gardner's I, Coriander, winner of the Nestle Children's Book Prize gold award.

Set in London in the mid 1600's, it tells the story of Coriander, daughter of a wealthy merchant and a woman with a great secret.
When Coriander is given a pair of silver shoes, a new world opens up to her, and life will never be the same again.

This is a dark fairy tale, with some truly nasty characters and a memorable, feisty heroine.

Everyone enjoyed the book; here are their comments...

"A little bit scary" - Lilah

"I couldn't put it down" - Tabitha

"I didn't want it to end" - Poppy

"You could read it again and again" - Lottie

"I thought it was great!" - Ana
"I absolutely loved it" - Freya

"I'd recommend it to anyone who likes reading" - Lilah

Page Turners' rating for I, Coriander: 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment