Tuesday 13 September 2011

Ruby Redfort Look Into My Eyes by Lauren Child

I am a member of my local Waterstones' Junior Proof Readers Club, who lend out proof (uncorrected) copies of books before they've been published in return for a short review. I was really excited when I heard that they had an advance copy of Lauren Child's new book, Ruby Redfort book and sent my dad and my sister out to get it for me right away!


This is what the book will look like.
I am an extraordinarily massive Clarice Bean fan and enjoyed reading about Ruby Redfort, the girl Secret Agent who is the main character in Clarice Bean's favourite books. I saw Lauren Child do a talk last year and she said that she was currently working on a Ruby Redfort book so I've been looking forward to it ever since!

Ruby Redfort Look into My Eyes is amazing, I absolutely loved it. It's really exciting, scary in places and has lots of action.

It's a bit different to how Clarice talks about her in the books, but maybe the actual book will have some changes when it's published.

Ruby Redfort uses secret codes throughout the book, and this inspired me to make up my own codes which was lots of fun.

I recommended this book to my sister Tabitha, who also loved it, and I would recommend it to children aged 9 - 12 who like exciting stories.


The front of the proof copy

The back of the proof copy

   


1 comment:

  1. I absolutely agree with Poppy, I was one of the first people to read it and I loved it! I am going to buy it soon. I would recommend this book to anyone who liked Clarice Bean!!!

    ReplyDelete